Saturday, December 31, 2022

Snuggle babies. Not phones.

How do you even start a blog post when your last one was 3yrs ago?!

I'll just jump right into it. No use blowing smoke.

In the wee hours of the morning, this morning, I had the thought that I needed to step away from social media. I mean REALLY step away. Not for a day or a week, but for a year.
















Social media has been such a GIANT presence in my life for 8 years. I was on FB long before that, but about 8 years ago was when I started my first social media-based business. My life has never been the same... and not in a good way. 

I've wanted to step away from social media for so long. I think about it constantly. I think about throwing my smartphone in the trash. I've researched flip phones so many times. I even ordered an old-style Nokia - it ended up not being compatible with Verizon.

I've deleted everything but the necessities off my phone; and really, is any of it necessary? I kept crap like our bank app, chik fil a (HAHA), our internet provider app, healthcare provider apps..."necessities."

I've been so hesitant to really let go of social media because so many of my "friends" are there. So many homeschool groups & various things use social media exclusively.


 

But, it's time. It's time to cut the cord and be free.

Free to snuggle my babies and not my phone.

It's time to figure out who I am. Who I am when I'm not being influenced by social media.

That sounds so dramatic, and kind of pathetic. But that's the truth. What would I do or think if social media had absolutely no kind of influence on my life?  

I'm just done, ya know? I'm just sick of it. I'm sick of the hold it has over me.

So I'm signing out. I'll be here, on the blog - I hope. I'm going to try. No promises. But I won't be there.


I'll be tendin' my man, my babies, my garden & my chickens. Maybe forging new friendships - in real life friendships. I'll be staying home. Going on adventures. But I won't be documenting it on social media platforms. I'll take pictures because I want to. Not because I could share it for likes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

don’t stay gone so long next time

 "We're almost to the cabin girls, just a few more minutes" I tell my girls as we turn onto that last county road that will ta...